Find precisely the words you need for any occasion with 300 Quotations for Preachers. Selecting a fitting quotation and sharing it with your congregation—a task that can often take hours—will now take you minutes. In this resource you’ll find entries from more than 70 authors and works, including Anselm of Canterbury, Augustine of Hippo, Richard Baxter, Bernard of Clairvaux, John Calvin, G. K. Chesterton, John Chrysostom, Irenaeus of Lyons, Thomas à Kempis, Martin Luther, and more. Share the quotations with professionally designed slides—one to accompany each quotation.
300 Quotations for Preachers:
- Provides material for sermon prep—If you’re preaching on a Scripture passage or topic, you can search this resource to easily find relevant quotations.
- Makes sharing easy—The slides make it easy to incorporate quotations into your presentation. To export a quotation into a document, just copy and paste, and the quotation will appear automatically footnoted with bibliographic information for 300 Quotations for Preachers.
- Makes for elegant presentations—The slide design matches the time period from which the quotation originated, setting the stage for you to articulate how your message connects with the history of Christian thought.
- Saves time and effort—No need to comb through multiple books looking for an appropriate quotation. This curated collection is categorized multiple ways, making this resource easier to use than other quotation books.
- Connects your church with historic prayers—We have updated the archaic language (like “thee” and “thou”) from older sources, making these prayers ready to use in a modern context. The prayers are also abbreviated to a sermon-appropriate length. A link is always provided to the original resource.
This collection of 300 quotations is organized by title, theme, and associated Scripture references. Each quotation includes a link to the original resource in your Logos library. And each quotation is just a few clicks away from being part of your sermon or message, edited to conform with modern English and edited to the perfect length for preaching.
Praise for 300 Quotations for Preachers
"In choosing to draw on the deep well of the Christian history, Ritzema has collected wise words which will enrich your church life. Pastors and other leaders who plan Sunday worship will find these a rich resource, particularly if they already are using Logos as they prepare for Sundays."
—James Matichuk, MDiv, Regent College