Lexham Press is pleased to announce that The Unseen Realm is now available for purchase in print and all digital formats. Discover how The Unseen Realm illuminates Scripture today!
The threads of the unseen realm are woven throughout Scripture. They begin before creation, can be seen throughout the Old Testament, and have major implications for Jesus? mission in the New Testament. However, because of our modern perspective, these threads are often overlooked, ignored, or misunderstood.
In The Unseen Realm, Michael Heiser shines a light on the supernatural world. It’s not a new light. Rather, it’s the same light in which the original, ancient readers and writers of Scripture saw the supernatural world. This light allows today?s pastors and scholars to understand the biblical authors? supernatural worldview.
As the worldview of an ancient Hebrew is revealed, our understanding of God grows deeper. Passages in Scripture that were once confusing are unfiltered, resulting in a new appreciation for God?s Word. ?People shouldn?t be protected from the Bible,? Dr. Heiser says. But modern theological systems often do just that, by ?explaining away? difficult or troublesome passages of Scripture.
- Why wasn’t Eve surprised when the serpent spoke to her? (Gen 3)
- How did descendants of the Nephilim survive the flood? (Gen 6:4)
- Why did Jacob fuse Yahweh and his Angel together in his prayer? (Gen 48:15-16)
- Who are the assembly of divine beings that God presides over? (Ps 82:1)
- In what way do those beings participate in God’s decisions? (1 Kings 22:19-23)
- Why do Peter and Jude promote belief in imprisoned spirits? (2 Pet 2:4; Jude 6)
- Why does Paul describe evil spirits in terms of geographical rulership?
- Who are the glorious ones that even angels dare not rebuke? (2 Pet 2:10-11)
These are just some of the questions Dr. Heiser addresses in The Unseen Realm. When you understand the unique worldview shared by the ancient readers and writers of Scripture, these passages become glimpses into the supernatural world.
Discover what it means to read Scripture as the biblical authors intended! Get The Unseen Realm now!