The days are growing longer, the trees are getting greener, and flowers are poking up from the soil. Spring is here!
We’re excited to announce the arrival of our Spring 2021 Catalog. Packed full of essential resources for students, pastors, academics, and general readers, there are a number of books to get excited about.
Download our Spring 2021 Catalog (PDF) and start browsing today!
Here are a few highlights you’re not going to want to miss.
The Trinity and the Bible
Release Date: September 29, 2021
Orthodox Christians affirm and worship a triune God. But how should this affect our reading of the Bible? In The Trinity and the Bible, Scott R. Swain asserts that not only does the Bible reveal the Trinity, but the Trinity illuminates our reading of the Bible.
Swain reflects on method and applies a Trinitarian framework to three exegetical studies. Explorations of three genres of New Testament literature—Gospel, epistle, and apocalyptic—display the profits of theological interpretation.
Hebrews Verse by Verse
In Hebrews Verse by Verse, the late Grant R. Osborne, with George H. Guthrie, shows readers how this beautifully crafted letter encourages believers to endure in faithfulness to Jesus. By using Scripture and theology to lay the foundation for these exhortations, the central message of Hebrews continues to be relevant for the church today. Osborne’s commentary delves into the grand implications of Christ’s identity and its importance for our spiritual lives.
This was the final volume Osborne was working on before his death in November 2018. Guthrie completed the work and we’re honored to bring it to publication.
New titles in the Transformative Word series
There are three new titles in the Transformative Word series coming out this summer. Covering the book of Proverbs and two New Testament epistles, these engaging, accessible Bible studies are poised to offer you new and refreshing insights.
- Walking in God’s Wisdom: The Book of Proverbs by Benjamin T. Quinn (June 16, 2021)
- Transformed in Christ: 1 Corinthians by Ron Elsdon and William Olhausen (June 2, 2021)
- Living in God’s True Story: 2 Peter by Donald L. Morcom (June 9, 2021)
New titles in the SHST series
There are five new titles in the Studies in Historical and Systematic Theology series scheduled to ship this summer with topics ranging from great theological minds like Jonathan Edwards and Carl F. H. Henry to the history of Jewish-Christian relations and the doctrine of God.
- The Federal Theology of Jonathan Edwards: An Exegetical Perspective by Gilsun Ryu (July 7, 2021)
- Carl F. H. Henry and the Holy Spirit by Jesse M. Payne (July 7, 2021)
- Hidden and Revealed: The Doctrine of God in the Reformed and Eastern Orthodox Traditions by Dmytro Bintsarovskyi (July 14, 2021)
- In the Name of Our Lord: Four Models of the Relationship Between Baptism, Catechesis, and Communion by Jonathan D. Watson (July 21, 2021)
- Healing the Schism: Karl Barth, Franz Rosenzweig, and the New Jewish-Christian Encounter by Jennifer M. Rosner (July 28, 2021)