Faithlife recently released the newest version of Logos Bible Software?Logos 6?and it?s packed full of awesome new features and resources to make your Bible Study smarter, easier, and faster.
Lexham Press built a number of these amazing resources from the ground up, specifically for Logos 6. Here?s a rundown of what?s new from Lexham Press in Logos 6.
Enhance your Bible study
With new Bible study resources from Lexham Press, taking your study to the next level is easier than ever.
It all starts with DIY Bible Study. This highly visual curriculum leverages Logos Bible Software and Lexham Press products to deepen your Bible study?or to help you begin. Video lessons explain Bible study principles and survey every book of the Bible. And application-focused content, accompanied by stunning graphics, helps you see what the Bible meant to its original readers and what it means for us today.
Paired with DIY Bible Study are two curated collections of Bible Study Magazine content:
- Moment with God: A Devotional on Every Biblical Book. We all have our ?God moments,? but the intimacy doesn?t always last. Each author in Moment with God captures this beautiful struggle, as they draw on their own stories and the Bible itself. This hand-curated collection of some of the richest devotionals from Bible Study Magazine celebrates God?s faithfulness, no matter what the moment looks like.
- Study Like a Pro: Explore Difficult Passages from Every Book of the Bible. ?Why don?t I have the insight into the Bible that he has?? ?Where did she learn to interpret the Bible so well?? We?ve all asked ourselves these questions. This collection of tried and true articles from Bible Study Magazine, written by experts, walks you through Bible difficulties and teaches you how to study like a pro.
We?ve also designed spectacular media to enrich your Bible study. With the Lexham Bible Background Slides, you?ll get a slide presentation on every book in the Bible. Each slide collection includes the book?s theme, authorship, and context, and offers easily digestible maps, timelines, and content outlines.
Revolutionary Bible Resources
If you?re digging into the Bible?s text, you?ll want these groundbreaking resources from Lexham Press?specifically designed for Logos 6 and optimized for your Bible study.
The Lexham Theological Wordbook takes a new approach to explaining important concepts and categories used in the biblical languages. Unlike most lexicons that organize by lemmas, this wordbook groups entries according to meaning, broadly construed by semantic domain, with the related lemmas from Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek placed together. Each article explains a concept and defines the words and idioms used to express that concept in the Bible.
We?ve also updated the Lexham Bible Dictionary with 2,192 new articles, taking the total article count to 5,159. There are now more than 2.7 Million words in the Lexham Bible Dictionary.
There are also five new glossaries giving you a quick overview of hundreds of biblical concepts and terms:
- Lexham Glossary of Theology. This glossary provides brief definitions for hundreds of terms from the Bible and from theology, giving you a quick overview of various theological topics.
- Lexham Glossary of Semantic Roles. The Semantic Roles and Case Frames dataset tags the text of the Bible according to roles played by each part of a given statement. This glossary defines the labels used to describe these semantic roles.
- Lexham Cultural Ontology Glossary. The Bible references many cultural concepts from the ancient world that are unfamiliar to us today. This glossary defines these concepts as used in the Cultural Concepts dataset.
- Lexham Glossary of Literary Types. Several literary types and devices are used throughout the text of the Bible, including allegories, parables, psalms, and letters. This glossary defines the types and devices identified in the Tooman Literary Type Analysis of the Old Testament and the Mackie Literary Type Analysis of the New Testament.
- Lexham Propositional Outlines Glossary. The Propositional Flow Outlines dataset organizes the text of the Bible onto separate lines that are indented relative to their subordinate or superordinate relationships. This glossary defines the labels used to identify those relationships.
Get Logos 6 today!
Many of these features and resources are exclusive to Logos 6. With Logos 6 and Lexham Press, you?ll advance your Bible study to whole new level.