What?s the best way to learn a new language??By approaching it not as a series of facts to memorize but as something alive, with a personality you can get to know and tendencies you can begin to predict.?Biblical Hebrew is more than vowel marks and?waws. Learn how to read it for true understanding by treating it like it?s a living language with a unique personality.
Designed for long-term retention, Learning Biblical Hebrew focuses on helping students understand how the language works and providing a solid grounding in Hebrew through extensive reading in the biblical text.
Written for first-year and second-year Hebrew students, this grammar is laid out to present comprehensive concepts to first-year students and then to aid in review and deeper understanding for second-year students. Though written for Hebrew competency, Learning Biblical Hebrew is well suited for students with different learning styles and objectives.
Learning Biblical Hebrew:
- Introduces advanced concepts in a form accessible to beginning students.
- Focuses on historic patterns and changes that minimize memorization.
- Focuses on how the language works for long-term retention.
- Encourages mastery of paradigms from a handful of representative forms.
- Includes extensive translation from the third week of class.
- Prepares students for translation of unedited biblical texts by the end of first semester.
- Emphasizes reading comprehension rather than decoding.
- Promotes a strong oral component to enhance language competence.
A companion workbook is forthcoming in January.
* * *
Learning Biblical Hebrew?is now available in all formats. Make the study of biblical Hebrew come alive with this new grammar.
To request a review copy for possible textbook adoption, please visit our request page.